Tis the season for giving, gratitude, and sharing your appreciation! For many, gratitude is a universal language that connects people across all cultures, backgrounds, and walks of life. Having and expressing gratitude can radically change our perspectives and transform our lives for the better. Here are the quotes we rely on to remind us of the importance of this powerful emotion.
1. “The root of joy is gratefulness.” – David Steindl-Rast
Happiness can stem from showing one’s appreciation. By embracing an attitude of gratitude, we can find joy in life’s smallest everyday moments.
2. “Gratitude is the memory of the heart.” – Jean Baptiste Massieu
Gratitude can help you tap into all of your most heartwarming memories. It’s the perfect way to preserve moments of thankfulness, a bank of thoughts that you can keep close for when the going gets tough.
3. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
Positivity is built on being grateful. Compassion, kindness, integrity, and humility can all grow from keeping gratitude at the forefront of your life.
4. “Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.” – Zig Ziglar
Showing appreciation is often a cyclical experience. When we express gratitude, we’re inviting more opportunity and abundance into our lives, resulting in more for us to be grateful for.
5. “The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.” – Mary Davis
It’s easy to enhance your perspective with gratitude. When we cultivate a sense of appreciation, we become more attuned to the beauty and wonder of the world around us.
6. “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
At Elevo, both our students and our coaches embrace the power of transformation. Gratitude can help us get there by allowing us to better understand our past, present, and future. Here’s to finding peace in the present moment!
7. “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” – William Arthur Ward
Being grateful goes beyond the season of Thanksgiving. Keeping an attitude of gratitude all year long can elevate ordinary experiences into extraordinary, unforgettable moments.
Never underestimate the power of a good gratitude quote. This list provides insight into everything that a grateful mindset has to offer. By acknowledging and appreciating the good in our lives, we unlock a world of joy, contentment, and connection. After all, gratitude isn’t just an emotion, but a way of life.